Monday, January 24, 2011

Mystery solved

A few weeks ago I had to go across Valparaiso to pick something up. It was a calm, quiet, cloudy afternoon. There weren't many people on the streets at all. Considering that, there were an unusually large number of people... dressed like cats.

When I saw the first couple people, I noticed the ears and thought it must be some new pokemon trend or something. But from the bus window I then saw a few more average looking Chileans in their 20s sporting the ears, whiskers, and one girl in an entire cat body suit, sitting on the side of the road. On my way back, I walked, passing by another girl with nothing unusual besides a black tail hanging down her back, and later reaching my house, a large 30 year old bearded man with a perky cat ear headband.

And that was the end of the weird day when random people were dressed like cats.

Until this picture popped up on my facebook newsfeed.




A "Fan Day" event at Huevo. Everything matched, cloudy day, all the cat people...
I probably would've checked it out if I had any idea what was going on.

1 comment:

  1. Hola!

    Son los eventos de Anime (animacion japonesa) a los que solía ir yo también hace centurias.

    Luego me aburrí porque se pusieron (muy)fomes y me empezaron a apasaionar otro estilos de animación mas que la japonesa. Hasta la fecha sigo consumiendo el producto animado oriundo de las tierras del sol naciente pero definitivamente no como antes. Hay dibujos animados muchos mejores en mi opnión.

    Aunque para no dejar tanto el anime como "chaleco de mono", aún estoy bastante influenciado por ella en mis ilustraciones. ;)

    ReplyDelete