Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My huge secret

So, I rave about my kitten a lot, because she is adorable. But I realize someone else has been extermely neglected blogwise....
And no its not my boyfriend. I don't mention specifics about him only because he actually doesn't like "being on the internet." That's not a quote. Logically, because actually he doesn't speak English yet either I know I know... en casa de herrero cuchillo de palo, but that's how I imagine he would put it.

Anyway, back to (apparently, looking at my blog history) my big secret....



Did you guys know I have a dog???




I don´t write or post pictures too often because she´s staying with the suegros, where they have a patio and room to let her roam. Because, (seriously, who knew) dogs apparently grow. She spends the days traveling with my suegro anywhere he goes in the back of a pickup... much better of a life that I could give her here in Valparaiso at the moment.

I got Loba two years ago as a Valentine´s day present. I flew back from Ecuador on Valentines day, and while I was in my bedroom (at the time I lived in a street level bedroom in a shared house in Cerro Alegre with a view of the ocean, and Angel would come jump through the window!) instead of my awaited boy, a miniature puppy suddenly appeared hovering in my window. The way he likes to tell the story, apparently I was so infatuated with the little fluff-ball that I totally forgot about him. (I get offended when he tells that story, but then again look at this picture and tell me I was out of line hahaha)

She looks like a chocolate lab but everyone things she must have a small percentage of something vicious like a rottweiler or something because of her face and eyes. These are my two favorite pictures of her and Angel.

8 COMMENTS:

Shannon said...

CUTE!!! Puppies and dogs are so much fun. Yours is adorable!! I love the beach pic its so cute!!! what a sweet present.
Zoe is in Mn because I thought it would be better for her to be there then to be cooped up here at least til we get an apartment where she can be wherever in our apt that she wants, but it turns out I never thought about attachment. Zoe loves MN, she loves my parents HUGE yard and she loves being able to run around without having a leash or chain on her. She also is now best friends with my brother's black lab. A yorkie and a black lab look so cute playing together. Not to mention that my parents, bro's, and sis are now attached to her, I don't want to bring her back here now, I'm scared she will hate me forever!

Maeskizzle said...

cute dog. especially for a mutt. looks like she lives a great life buzzing around valpo in a pick-up truck. I'm envious. ahhaha

Renée said...

Great fotos!! Your dog is freakin' cute!!!

Mamacita Chilena said...

She is so adorable...and man she has giant paws! I love how happy she looks in the back of that pickup.

I need to bring Papi to come have a play date with her...Papi LOVES playing dogs three times her size.

Sara said...

Hey... random question, A friend and I are going to Valpo this weekend. Would you be free on Saturday for coffee?

lydia said...

Shannon- well, I'm sure your dog loves a big yard and all but I know a dog would be more than happy anywhere with their owner.

Wasn't she cute as a puppy??? We had people offering big money to buy her. She's a pretty dog but you note more of the "mutt" traits whereas she looked more like a chocolate lab as a little one.

Kyle- hahah did I mention she is CRAZY! Thats why I know she needs the space. She's not trained as well as we'd like because Angels mom is actually afraid of dogs [mixed with her being high energy e.g. nuts]. And unfortunately she's not here with us, we only see her on the weekends we go to his parents house.

Regardless... I've told you, come visit (you other 3 too!!) I would LOVE to have visitors. Does my blog not note how boreeed I am hahaha. visitors visitors visitors!!! But ....I don't know how Dasiy would take a canine visitor ;-)

lydia said...

Sara- I think you must've posted that at the same time as I was sending the reply cuz I didn't see that. Perhappps... I'd like to though Its kinda a complicated day/night, but if you want to come a night early there's fun stuff going on Friday! I'll send you an email to the one listed in your profile, let me know if you do/don't get it.

nyGRINGAinCHILE said...

OMG what a precious doggy. i want one so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment